Great books can make great movies (and, in some cases, better ones). This week’s topic features some of my favorite costume dramas inspired by classics.
Editor’s note: In my excitement and haste, it seems I mispronounced Wodehouse’s name and called videos VCRs… whoops! (Oh, and The Young Victoria was 2009, not 2012. Time does fly.)
- First literary drama miniseries you ever watched?
- Last literary drama you watched?
- What media forms do you prefer to use when watching period dramas (i.e. purchased DVDs, rented/borrowed DVDs, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)?
- Favorite literary drama soundtrack(s)?
- Favorite literary musical?
- Literary drama you’d recommend to anyone?
- If you could have a new adaptation of your favorite classic book, what would it be and who would star?
- A favorite pair of literary drama friends?
- A favorite pair of literary drama enemies?
- Movies or miniseries with the best costumes?
Where I found the questions:
Old-Fashioned Charm (1, 2, 3)
The Madd Rose (questions also from Old-Fashioned Charm’s Period Drama Challenge)