However, The Castle was on my to-finish backlog since freshman or sophomore year in college, so I am very excited to have read it all the way through, even if it was painful.
Due to an emergency at work, I lost about 4 hours of reading time while working from home…
On the bright side, I had already done a decent bit of reading, with both The Kill and The Castle.
- I am getting major creepy vibes from The Kill (so many creepers in this story), but also enjoying the history lesson as I learn about the Second Empire, of which I knew basically nothing before this book.
- The Castle is also starting to get more interesting with the side-plot of Amalia standing up to Klamm (also a creeper).
I’m going to back to The Castle now – I think I have a good chance of actually finishing it!
Joining in already 2 hours into the event… hey, that’s better than last year. 🙂
I’ll be updating this post throughout the event, so stay tuned…
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
At home in the PNW, listening to the rain fall lightly on the roof. ❤
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Pretty much all of them! Ok, ok, that’s not the answer you were looking for… if I had to pick one, then it’s CEO, China, because I’ve missed reading it, while trying to finish The Castle.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I made some Peach Green Tea Lemonade yesterday, the first of the season!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I wrote about the time I first got a library card – well, I still have that library card. The plastic coating is starting to flake off and it looks incredibly sad, but I refuse to part with it.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
Today I’m going “all in” (or at least, my version of it)…I have the entire day set aside for reading, woke up 2 hours earlier, and intend to stay up later. More importantly, I plan to switch books frequently if I’m not having fun. 🙂
I also got something of a late start this morning! You can totally do this! I hope you enjoy your books and the Readathon ❤ (Plus rain is the perfect reading weather. As someone who also calls the PNW home, no one can convince me otherwise!)
Thanks for stopping by, Emma! 🙂 Happy Readathon!
Woohoo! You made it to hour 13; that is great job! I am sorry you lost some time earlier in the day, but you seem to be making it up! The Kill is a bit creepy in a weird way, but I still really liked it! Teriyaki?!? Ok, Now I know what I want for Lunch!!!
Thanks, Cirtnecce – glad to see you back!! It's now about 10pm where I live, so I'm going to see how late I can stay up. =)