Joining late, but better late than never! I always like to start things out with the Getting to Know You Survey:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
A damp, foggy morning in the Pacific Northwest. (Sometimes I like to pretend it’s England.)
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
There’s never a dull moment with Wodehouse. However, I’m also eager to finish rereading Lord of the Flies.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Always ill-prepared, I don’t have any special snacks. 😦 Hot drinks are a must, though. I’m sure I’ll be reaching for the Alpine Apple Cider before the day’s done!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I write code for high-availability systems (online 24/7) which is at times highly stressful but also very satisfying. Literature is my first love, though, and if I could make a living off of reading books of my choice, I probably would.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my fourth readathon! My goal this year is to read a ton of different things and not try to finish any one book, except maybe Lord of the Flies. I’ll also take lots of breaks and probably work on my podcast as well, so it’ll be a much milder, more relaxing readathon this year.
For pictorial updates, check out my Instagram.