Thanks to Hamlette for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogging Award! Be sure to check out her blog for fun movie reviews with lots of great pictures! 🙂
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Fantasy or sci-fi? – Sci-fi because I enjoy the direct intersection with real-world stuff.
- Tragedy or comedy? – Comedy! I say that after having read The Metamorphosis for the 5th time and trying to suppress tears for poor old Gregor, even though I knew exactly what was going to happen. I guess I tend to watch comedy and read tragedy. In general I have a lower tolerance for drama these days (got enough of my own haha).
- Fiction or nonfiction? – Fiction
- Snow or rain? – I’m one of those weirdos who absolutely adores rain.
- Orange juice or apple juice? – OJ
- Christmas or Easter? – Easter—or as Tolkien put it, “the eucatastrophe of the story of the Incarnation.” On a selfish/personal note…I prefer Easter because it has all of the joy, none of the holiday blues I can’t seem to avoid at Christmas.
- Middle-earth or Narnia? – Hm… I love ME, but I think Narnia is more of a fun and charming place. Given the choice, I’d rather live there.
- Marvel or DC? – I’ve yet to get into superhero comics or movies…
- Star Wars or Star Trek? – So…I’ve only watched A New Hope (twice) and The Empire Strikes Back (once). I literally fell asleep during the second one. So I don’t know if I’m a good judge of Star Wars yet. However, I could watch Star Trek TNG any day, or TOS for that matter. Even Into Darkness and Beyond, though in many ways atrocious, were pretty fun to watch. I love the characters, types of plotlines, and psychological themes. The Cold War influence also checks off the history box for me.
- Old movies or new movies? – Quality being equal—intelligent script, not too much CGI, good acting, good score, etc—I prefer new movies. Modern filmmakers can do so much more, technically speaking, and there’s more mediums to influence or challenge them to higher quality (I’m thinking YouTube here). My top 3 films from last year were all pretty recent. However, what I most miss about old movies are those crazy long epics with Intermission in the middle, with basically a whole symphony for a movie score. I think we need to bring those back.
- Old books or new books? – I’ve been reading more new books lately, but I still prefer old. ^_^
I nominate anyone who had the patience to read through my answers! Honestly, I’d enjoy getting to know everybody better, so feel free to do the tag on your blog or in the comments. 🙂
- If you go back and read one book for the first time again, which would it be?
- Do you eat ice cream, and if so, what is your favorite flavor?
- What was the most memorable event or concert you ever attended?
- What do you like best about yourself?
- Is there a book you would never, ever read?
- Second-best way to spend a rainy day? (Reading is the best, right?)
- Cats or dogs?
- Best pizza topping combo?
- If you could recommend one fictional book, what would it be?
- Earliest reading memory?
- What’s something you’re looking forward to this year?